What comes to mind when you hear about hydroponic growing? Do you think the system is too technical or too time consuming to learn? Do you think of big lighting, complex irrigation, and scientific pH monitoring? This article will explain what hydroponics is in its simplest version and what are the top scientific and personal benefits of choosing hydroponics as your grow method.
Hydroponics As Defined By Dictionary.com
The cultivation of plants by placing the roots in liquid nutrient solutions rather than in soil; soilless growth of plants.
Hydroponics As Defined By PowerHouse Growers
Hydroponics is a soilless growing medium perfect for those who don’t like to get their hands dirty. It affords busy, on-the-go people the option to systemize their gardens without compromising quality. For individuals and organization that like to have choice, a wide variety of automated hydroponic systems do it all for you. It gives us the opportunity to nurture infant seedlings and watch them grow like a hot damn. It’s also a terrific fool-proof system for those who don’t know the difference between weeds and plants!
Benefits of Hydroponic Growing
When choosing the grow method that will work best for you, you will need to consider the benefits to you as the grower. Here are the top benefits of growing your food or other plants hydroponically. Not only is it a cleaner, faster, and easier way of growing as compared to traditional methods, but at PowerHouse Hydroponics we also believe hydroponic gardening will move from being the trendy way to being the way of the future for urban cities.
1. No soil needed.
2. Almost any plant can be grown.
3. Lower water consumption as it is recycled through the system.
4. Lower nutrition requirements.
5. Pollution free with the fully controlled system.
6. Healthy stable plants that produce higher yields.
7. Pests and diseases are easier to get rid of.
8. Ease and richness of harvesting.
9. No pesticide damage.
10. Shorter growth cycle.
11. Plant’s roots don’t grow out as far in search of nutrients.
12. No weeds.
1. No back breaking labor because the process can now be fully automated and mess-free.
2. Wheelchair accessible – portable and can be placed anywhere.
3. Modern, trendy, and compact systems are perfect for condos and all small spaces.
4. Indoor systems keep you and your plants out of the cold.
5. With the right system (not one that totally infuriates you) stress will melt away!.
6. Nurture plant growth by playing music.
7. Get back in touch with nature – need we say more.
8. Provides the WOW factor.
9. Impress your friends and family with your gardening talents.
If you see the value in hydroponic growing but don’t quite understand how it will work for you, check out our article on Growing In Small Urban Spaces Using Hydroponics.
Check out Hydroponics 2.0 where we show you the ways companies are modernizing hydroponics grow systems and some of the ways it will work in your home.
Check out more information from Interior Gardens on growing hydroponically.Feature Image: Rendering of hydroponic vertical gardens inside a shopping center. Image via Afritorial.